The ‘cuddle hormone’ oxytocin does not make women who had a harsh upbringing more empathetic towards other people who are being excluded. Extra oxytocin is effective in women who have had a more sensitive upbringing. These are the findings of PhD student Madelon Hendricx-Riem.
- ‘Indonesian archives are a goldmine for historians’
- Leiden Classics: Christiaan Huygens, the Dutch Leonardo da Vinci
- Tuesday 18 June · 13:00 – 17:00 hrs Symposium ‘The Kurdish Question in 2013: domestic and transnational developments
- Wednesday 19 June · 13:00 – 13:30 hrs Inloopconcert / Open concert
- Thursday 20 June · 19:00 – 21:00 hrs Lecture Islamic Finance: an Alternative Ethical Niche